WISER (Wide-Impact Cyber Security Risk Framework) is a European H2020 Innovation Action that puts cyber-risk management at the very heart of good business practice thanks to a novel model-based cyber-risk management framework able to assess and mitigate cyber risks in real time, which also incorporates socio-economic impacts of cyber risks.
The WISER Framework is provided in terms of risk platform as a service (RPaaS) consisting of three modes of operation that collectively represent the WISER portfolio:
1. CyberWISER Light , already available for free on WISER website, targets SMEs and provides a user-friendly tool to increase awareness through self-assessment.
2. CyberWISER Essential (coming out in early 2017) targets SMEs and ICT systems in general, and provides a pre-packaged solution for real-time risk assessment.
3. CyberWISER Plus (coming out in early 2017) targets highly complex cyber systems such as critical infrastructures, and provides on-demand services for real-time and cross-system assessment of cyber risks.
On top of this, WISER is facilitating the uptake of a cyber-security culture through a series of additional free services such as:
1. CyberWISER SEIT, online tool that calculates the estimation of economic and non-economic impacts of cyber attacks on an organisation. Impacts can be direct or indirect. Target audiences: SMEs and small IT teams in public administration.
2. Cartography of European Cyber Security Strategies: an interactive map that analyses national cyber security strategies in terms of capacity building, legal frameworks, public private partnerships and best practices for risk management with downloadable reports.